Sunday, August 4, 2013

Cross training + 3 year olds = difficult

Typically I cross-train on weekdays, while my twins nap (or if I am lucky, I go to the gym after hubby gets home from work).  However, due to my schedule change this past week, I needed to cross-train today.  I had tickets to take Joey and Charlotte to see a community theater production of "The Wizard of Oz" during the twins' naptime, so I knew cross-training wasn't going to get done during naptime.  Sundays are busy anyway, and today even more so as I did the weekly grocery shopping this morning with two of the kids.  Anyway, I decided to go ahead and cross-train this morning while the kids were playing and doing their own thing.  

Hmmm... note to self: if I try to exercise around Abbie and Aaron, they WILL lay down and mimic me (no problem).  They WILL get bored and start to hang all over me (a problem).  They WILL get bored with that and just play two inches from me (also a problem, especially when I am using dumbbells).  
Not me, but could have been...


That being said, I was able to get in a good 40 minutes today.  I did the Madonna's arms video that I have posted about before (I like this video a lot, and I really do think I am seeing results!), as well as another arms workout, and two core workouts (one that I have done before--did each exercise 3x20 reps; and one that was new for me).  I prefer arm workouts to the core ones, which is funny to me as I have always been a core person... at least I was as a swimmer.  For some reason I am loving arms now though.  

I am anxious for my three mile easy run tomorrow.  Anxious in a good way.  My legs are slowly starting to return to normal; I am sore still but nothing at all like yesterday.  I want to see if an easy run impacts them at all.  I would think that I really wouldn't be sore the next day, but we'll see.  I am contemplating an entire week off of running if I continue to get sore from each and every run.  I know my legs need to rest, and  maybe two days just isn't enough for them to really recover.  We'll see...  

No comments:

Post a Comment