Friday, July 12, 2013

A run-less weekend may be in my future...

...and as you can imagine, I am NOT happy about it. At. All.  

I realized this afternoon that we have our community yard sale tomorrow from 9 AM-4 PM.  I knew about this, of course, but the fact that it was scheduled at 9 AM, which is when I planned on going on my long run, sort of slipped past me.  I can't go earlier for a few reasons (first and foremost--no one to watch my oldest son Hunter, but also we will be busy prepping for the sale).  Normally I would just choose to go later, but we are supposed to go to a pool party for the mothers of twins club that I belong to from 3-7 PM.  By the time we get home and get the kiddos ready for bed, it will be dark, and the gym closes early on Saturdays.  

After I got over the initial disappointment, I told myself, "It's okay, I can run on Sunday morning.  No biggie."  Then I realized that I hadn't found childcare for Hunter for Sunday.  Typically I don't have him on Sundays, but due to a schedule change this weekend, I do.  I had asked his caregivers if they could work, but no one was able to.  What does that mean?  I cannot run on Sunday.  My husband isn't able to watch all five kids on his own, especially not for a long run.  The only possibility is that on Sunday night, we go to my parents' for dinner, and perhaps they will let me sneak out for an hour.  

I haven't *not* ran on a weekend since I was sick in May just after my first half marathon.  I need this long run.  Even worse, some of the moms in my local chapter of Moms Run This Town are meeting up at 6:30 AM for a run.  Normally I would jump at this opportunity to run with other moms.  I hate that I can't go.  I hate that not running is ruining my attitude about the whole weekend.  

I could easily go on about how upset I am, but it's not going to help.  Today was an okay day as far as working out goes.  I did get to the gym this evening, and had a good lifting workout as well as just over 5 fast miles on the bike.  My legs are still just feeling okay.  I am still depending on the ibuprofen twice a day.  It helps so much, and I hate to depend on it, but if I don't take it the pain is up to a 7 or 8.  It's not really pain... just soreness.  I am trying to think positively... maybe not running until possibly Sunday night will be good for my shins and calves.  Extra rest never hurt anyone, right? 

I am mad at myself right now, too.  I chose to not do the push-up challenge as scheduled today.  Why?  I just didn't feel like it.  I know how hard the workouts are.  I was so tired today, having been woke up early yet again by Hunter.  Instead of doing the push-ups during naptime, I napped myself.  I really needed that nap.  I made sure I worked my arms extra-hard tonight at the gym.  Could've done push-ups then, I suppose, but I wanted to lift when I had the access to the equipement.  I may do it tomorrow if I have time to squeeze it in during the yard sale.


OK enough whining.  If you made it this far, please let me apologize for the tone of this post.  Pity party, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment