Sunday, July 7, 2013

Pass the ibuprofen, please!

The DOMS have set up permanent residence in my legs after my 10K run yesterday.  Rolling them with a rolling pin and wearing my compression socks for most of the day yesterday helped a bit, but I woke up at 6:00 AM and was unable to fall back asleep due to the pain.  Triple-ugh.  It's not really pain, though.. just totally sore.  I am thankful today is a rest day!  I do plan on doing the sit-up challenge exhaustion test so that I can start the workouts on Tuesday. 

Here is my training plan for the upcoming week:


Monday: push-up challenge (exhaustion test); speed workout at the track (or possibly on the treadmill if we get the predicted storms)--planning on doing 8x400 and trying to hit 1:45-1:50 on each repeat

Tuesday: sit-up challenge (workout #1); Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred


Wednesday: push-up challenge (week 6, day 1 workout); tempo run (4 miles--warm-up 1 mile followed by 3 miles at 8:30 pace)


Thursday: sit-up challenge (workout #2)

Friday: push-up challenge (week 6, day 2 workout); gym workout (bike & weights)

Saturday: sit-up challenge (workout #3); long run (thinking about 5 miles--not sure yet though as I may run with Danielle again and I will do whatever she has planned)

Sunday: rest day

Off to make breakfast, then roll and compress... a day in the life of a runner mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment