Saturday, July 27, 2013

"Racing is the fun part..."

According to Kara Goucher, that is.  "Racing is the fun part; it's the reward of all of the hard work."  So I suppose it's time for my reward, then?  5K race at the Ohio State Fair tomorrow morning.  Legs are feeling so-so.  Tired still from 10 miles yesterday, but that is to be expected.  Continuing to ice and wear my compression socks; foam rolling again in a few.  There is a big fitness festival this weekend with a 5K and 10K race being held tomorrow morning, so I am thinking that the 5K race that I am doing won't be as popular.  Last year, there were less than 200 people, which will make it by far the smallest race I have ever done.  Granted, it's only my 5th-ever race, but still.  I anticipate finishing in the top 40 or so runners, based on the times for the past couple of years.  It will be neat to be close to the front!  See, I am trying to stay positive.  

I just did a few short cross training workouts (the 10-minute arms video from earlier in the week, and a 7-minute plank workout as well).  Since I did a total rest day on Thursday, I needed to fit in something today.  My arms are a bit sore, but I am sure they'll be fine for tomorrow.  The race starts at 8 AM, so I am planning on leaving here at around 6:45 AM to give me time to get to the stadium, find parking, and warm-up a bit.  It's going to be chilly (sub-60 again), but no rain is predicted, thankfully.  I am likely going to wear my capris with my pink shirt and my "RUN" Bondiband.  I was actually debating on running without my phone (meaning no music)... haven't ever done that during a race, though, so probably not.  I think I stated my goals aready... maybe not, so here they are:
"I will cry from happiness" = sub 24:30
"I will be extremely happy" = sub 25:00 
"I will be happy" = sub 25:21 (PR)

OK... I will update tomorrow after the race!  This will be my last 5K for awhile... I probably won't do another one until next year, unless something comes up that I really want to do.  My race plan for the rest of the year is:

7/28--5K
8/25--quarter marathon
sometime in September--5 mile virtual race
10/5--half marathon
11/17--15K
sometime in early/mid December--4-miler

Busy busy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment