Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A true rest day

After running two days in a row for the first time ever, I decided to make this a true rest day.  I did NOTHING.  Not really... I woke up at 7, fixed breakfast for the kids, took them to swim lessons and followed this with the library for an hour, fixed lunch, tidied up, interviewed a potential new provider for my oldest son Hunter, made dinner, dropped off Joey at soccer and did the mid-week grocery shopping with Aaron, dropped off the groceries and Aaron andz then picked up Joey, came home and put all five kids to bed.  

Yep, that's my "nothing" LOL!  By nothing, I obviously am talking about working out.  I had planned on doing the push-up challenge workout today during naptime, but the interview got in the way.  I could have done it tonight, but after I foam-rolled, I worked on my training calendar for the next 12 weeks.  It's a thing of beauty... I guess. 



I tried to fit the entire thing in the picture, so it's obviously really difficult to really read it from the picture.  But never fear, I will blog about each workout :)  .  I totally based it off of the "Train Like a Mother: Own It" plan.  I definitely have less running than the actual plan calls for.  I replaced the easy runs (1-2 days/week) with cross-training.  So I am still only running 3x/week, like I always have.  I think hope this will help me stay injury-free.  I also have a couple of races in the next two months that I already registered for, so I needed to incorporate those into the plan as well, plus a day or two of rest before and after each race.  

Tomorrow's run is a timed run, not really based on miles.  That will be interesting for me, as I haven't done a run like that since I did Couch-to-5K last year.  It is an interval run, where I will be warming up for 10 minutes, then running very fast for short bursts and recovering after each.  I am 99.9% sure I will do this run on the treadmill.  Tomorrow's dewpoint is predicted to be 75 in the evening (which is when I am running).  I want to be able to really exert myself, and I know I won't be able to do that with such a high dew point.  Also, I think it will be easier to do a timed run on the treadmill, where I can look at the clock on the treadmill versus holding my watch up every minute or two.  

Quick update on my shins/calves: feeling pretty good today.  Iced a few times, wore my compression socks for a few hours this afternoon.  No ibuprofen at all today.  Hoping tomorrow they continue to feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment