Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Youtube is my friend

I prefer to hit the gym on cross-training days, but it doesn't happen often.  I don't like to leave my hubby with the kids more often than I have to, so I have been trying to work out at home whenever I can (on my non-running days).  I have found YouTube to be an invaluable resource for at-home workouts. I don't have a ton of equipement... actually, all I have are a set of 5-lb. dumbbells and my roller!  Fortunately, there are tons of workouts online that don't use any equipement at all.  

Today, I focused on my core and arms.  I did this core workout from last Friday to start.  I really like this workout, as I definitely feel the burn.  I was going to repeat it again, but then I saw another 10-minute core workout in the sidebar and figured I should give it a shot.  I am glad I did, as the instructor is a runner and it was a good challenging set of exercises with very little rest!  I definitely broke a sweat.  I finished up with an arm workout.  The title of it (Get Madonna's Arms With This 10-minute Workout) is a bit funny, but the workout really is good, and best of all, it uses the 5-lb. dumbbells that I have.  It actually calls for 5-lb. and 3-lb., but I just stuck with the 5-lb., and my arms felt the burn.  So, 30 minutes of working out and I feel good.  

I still haven't decided about the 5K on Sunday.  My legs are tired today... actually my whole body is. Still didn't have an awesome night of sleep last night, due to Abbie's middle-of-the-night wake-ups.  I am going to attribute my fatigue to that as well as the iron loss from my period.  I've been wearing my compression socks all day today, and they are truly helping with my sore legs.  Going to go put away the dishes and roll before I have to wake up the twinkies.  Early morning 5-mile run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment